Aabree Coffee - Used Gaggia MISADVERTISEMENT

I purchased what was supposed to be a Refurbished Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine From Aabree Coffee Company in Upstate New York on October 15, 2016. When an item is refurbished all major parts which are vital are supposed to be inspected and replaced with new parts before resale if they are excessively worn or even visibly used.

When I received the Gaggia which I have owned before and am very familiar with, I noticed that the Group Head was stained dark brown and yellow and worn out from previous use. This part should have been replaced before resale and was not. Furthermore, the machine ran so hot I almost burned myself do to the immense pressure and above normal temperature the Pannarello Steam Wand produced. I called Aabree Customer Service to discuss.

I was connected to Technical Support who I did not request to speak with and this guy tells me how the machine is working fine and I should grind my coffee more finely, etc. I told him off as I know he was full of it as I mentioned I have owned several Gaggia Classics before and knew what he was trying to sell me was untrue and even dangerous as the Thermometer was not working properly and could cause excessive burns to me. I had to send them photos to get a refund and they even charged me for the return shipping. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AaBREE COFFEE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK.

There are plenty of other reputable and honest online businesses you can purchase from. I advise purchasing from Amazon. They stand behind their product and whom they allow to sell on their website.

Buyer beware, J. Vivolo

Product or Service Mentioned: Gaggia Coffee Maker.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 12, 2016.

Aabree Coffee - Very difficult to reach the company by phone

I ordered an espresso machine from Aabree Coffee Company, which I am pleased with. The company offers many products at competitive prices.

However, there is ONE phone number to reach them, and every time I need to call customer service or technical support, it is infuriating to get into the very long *** of wait time on the phone. Their voicemail, phone connection, and wait time are all poor-I have even been disconnected after a long wait!!

They are helpful once you reach a live person, but navigating their system is maddening. I have had to call back many, many times to get the help I needed.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 20, 2012.